As a member of the leadership team, the Restoration Field Supervisor (RFS) is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, production, quality control and safety measures as they relate to the emergency response and scheduled mitigation services offered by the company.
The Restoration Field Supervisor will have the opportunity to help establish the operational goals for the company in conjunction with the management team and will continually look for ways to enhance procedures and systems for optimal results. The RFS is an incredibly effective leader who sees opportunities instead of problems and is passionate about training and coaching department staff in ways that achieve optimal results for the company while simultaneously offering professional development and growth to personnel.
- Strategically plan, assign, direct and manage production staff and operations department by establishing result measurements and diligently allocating resources, reviewing processes and making mid-course corrections.
- Recruit, hire and train new production-related employees, as well as train existing production staff members to achieve optimal efficiency and employee growth with a focus on employee retention. Track and maintain active certifications for staff members. Identify gaps in training and schedule appropriate courses for staff as needed.
- Communicate values, strategies and objectives to the production staff and monitor the accountability of the team. Actively review jobs in progress (often completing job-site visits) as well as reviewing completed jobs to assess results to uncover areas of improvement.
- Review and discuss employee performance on a regular basis; including employee appraisals, corrective action plans/disciplinary actions, employee motivation and reward systems.
- Organize regular staff meeting and build an environment in which employees willingly and effectively participate in meeting and produce the highest quality work.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and regularly enforcing organizational standards in compliance with OSHA and other governmental regulations.
- Oversee warehouse operations including, but not limited to maintenance, organization, security, and temperature control. Also perform analysis of all types of inventory to ensure the company is utilizing all assets effectively.
- Develop operational systems focused on warehouse necessities including: vehicles/fleet, consumables, storage, owned equipment and rentals, contract labor and inventory management.
- Work closely with management team to set and implement policies, procedures and systems and follow through with implementation; communicating and reporting all successes and issues at weekly management meetings.
- Adhere to all Program compliance requirements for new and existing Programs/TPA’s.
- Communicate customer issues with management team to devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Serve as primary point of contact for customer issues related to production staff, equipment, accidents or on-site mishaps.
- Manage operational vendor relationships including: pricing review, rebates, service levels, contract maintenance and review and invoice review and submission.
- Analyze process workflow, labor and equipment needs; implement changes as required.
- Prepare annual budget, forecast needs, schedule expenditures and analyze variances (in conjunction with the management team).
- Strong management, leadership and communication skills.
- Skilled at performance management and coaching/training/staff development.
- Adept at developing standards, creating process improvements, strategic planning,
and managing profitability and quality standards.
- Extremely organized, prompt, efficient and professional with sound decision-making skills.
- Aptitude for handling a high volume of tasks while prioritizing effectively.
- Skilled at proactively communicating directly with staff and customers.
- Excels at working quickly on time-sensitive tasks while diligently following protocol and focusing on detail accuracy.
- Focused on being a team player who encourages and supports others while leading with enthusiasm and integrity.
- Capable in bringing internal and external resources together to improve the overall customer experience.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of restoration industry experience.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Able to work independently while maintaining a “team-player” attitude.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills, with a solid focus on customer care.
- Ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines, stay organized and prioritize effectively.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
- Impressive professional etiquette displaying integrity, respect and thoughtfulness.